Landscape painter Henry Healy graduated from the Dublin Metropolitan School of Art in 1934 and went on to study in London and Paris. He made his first appearance at the RHA in 1938, and continued exhibiting there over the next forty years. He was appointed an Academician in 1966. He exhibited with, and was President of, the Dublin Painters. In 1981 he was elected to the Board of Governors of the NGI. His final years were spent teaching art in Dooega, Achill Island. A retrospective of his work was held shortly after his death in the Taylor Galleries, Dublin.